The student dress code outlines acceptable standards for student dress during the school day and during other school-sponsored activities.
Students will wear attire and groom themselves in a manner that supports a healthy and safe learning environment. Students will not wear attire that is disruptive to the school environment, that promotes illegal or harmful activities, or that could endanger the health and safety of the of the student or other students, which includes, but is not limited to, that which:
1. Depicts messages lewd, vulgar, obscene, plainly offensive, violent, sexually explicit, or that refers to items that are illegal in general or illegal specifically for underage students.
2. Promotes use of tobacco, drugs, alcohol, or other illegal or harmful products.
3. Contains sexually suggestive messages.
4. Depicts gang affiliation.
5. Causes or is likely to cause a substantial or material disruption to school activities or to the orderly and safe operation of the school or at school-sponsored activities.
6. Contains rude, disrespectful, or discourteous expressions inconsistent with civil discourse and behavior.
The following specific items are not permitted except in individual cases as approved by the principal of the school:
1. Bare feet.
2. Headwear, except as worn for medical reasons or as a legitimate expression of a student’s religious practice and faith.